Charcoal face wash is a type of face wash that contains activated charcoal. It deeply cleanses your facial skin and removes skin impurities. Charcoal has absorption and detoxification properties that are beneficial for acne, pimples etc.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Charcoal Face Wash
- Controls oil/sebum
- Reduces pimples and acne
- Refreshes and glows up the face
- Good for both dry and oily skin
- Removes dead skin cells and dirt
- Can also reduce tan/sun tan
Charcoal face wash is considered very beneficial for the skin. No matter what your skin type is, it would suit you.
Who Can Use it?
- Oily Skin people – For sebum control
- Sensitive Skin people – Use the herbal variant
- Dry Skin people – Pick the hydrating one
- People with acne and scars – It will reduce infection and scars
- Men too can use it daily as face wash
But sensitive skin people should use it carefully and occasionally only.
Overall charcoal face wash is a very beneficial and effective cleanser! Now let me tell you about its uses and benefits in detail!
How to Use Charcoal Face Wash?
The method to apply charcoal face wash is not very different from normal face wash. You just have to follow these steps:
- First thoroughly wet your face with water
- Take some face wash in your palm and apply it on the face
- Gently massage in circular motions for 2 minutes
- Then rinse your face properly with water
And if using a charcoal face mask:
- First clean and steam the face
- Apply mask with brush evenly going into depth
- Let it stay for 20 minutes then wash it off
And don’t rub too much, it can be a little rough and harsh. Sensitive skin people use carefully.
Now ahead I’ll tell you about the uses and benefits of charcoal face wash in detail!
Top Uses and Benefits of Charcoal Face Wash
1. To Treat Pimples and Acne
Charcoal powder has antibacterial properties that kill pimple and acne causing bacteria. Apart from that it also has qualities that:
- Absorbs sebum – Controlling excess oil prevents pimples
- Deep cleans the face – Removing dead skin cells and dirt can cause pimples
- Makes the face non-greasy
So if you are struggling with acne related problems or have greasy skin, charcoal face wash would be perfect. Try using it daily, you’ll see improvements in 2-3 weeks.
2. To Reduce Dryness or Oiliness
Charcoal powder helps maintain skin’s pH balance. Along with that it also absorbs oils and toxins making it good for both dry and oily skin types:
- Oily skin – Controls oil/sebum reducing greasy feeling
- Dry skin – Keeps skin hydrated minimizing dry patches
It also has cooling and soothing benefits making skin feel much better. So no matter the skin type, charcoal face wash works!
3. To Remove Pollution and Tan
External pollution, sun tan and dirt also give us pimples, dull and dark skin. But activated charcoal absorbs these impurities removing them making skin clean, clear and glowing.
So if you face a lot of pollution or easily tan in summers, charcoal face wash would greatly benefit:
- Absorbs and removes pollutants
- Can also reduce sun tan
- Brightens up skin tone
Refreshes the face and makes it pollution free!
4. To Detox and Refresh The Face
Toxins also accumulate in skin making it look dull and tired. But the amazing detoxification quality of charcoal cleanses impurities:
- Detoxes and freshens up the face
- Gives the skin a nice healthy glow
- Removes tiredness and dullness of face
It also has antibacterial agents removing bacteria and preventing skin infections. Your face will feel rejuvenated!
5. To Close Pores and Clear Blackheads
Not cleaning properly leads to open pores getting clogged with dirt causing blackheads. But charcoal definitely closes these pores deeply cleansing them.
- Scrubs like effect removing dead skin cells
- Makes pores tight and small
- Clears out blackheads from them
Regular use will leave your pores super clean and small!
So are you ready to cleanse your face with the goodness of charcoal? I’ll now tell you about the best charcoal face wash products!
Top 10 Charcoal Face Wash in India
Here I’m telling you about top brands and their charcoal face wash products that you can try:
1. Biotique Bio Margosa Face Wash – Has natural ingredients like neem and fuller’s earth
2. The Man Company Charcoal Face Wash – Good for oil control and skin detox
3. UrbanGabru Charcoal Face Wash – Herbal formula working without any chemicals
4. Mamaearth Oil Control Face Wash – Tea tree oils & charcoal for acne and oil control
5. Beardo Activated Charcoal Face Wash – Over 20,000 people used it, must be good!
6. Bombay Shaving Company Charcoal Face Wash – Removes pimples and excess oil
7. Garnier Men Oil Clear Face Wash – Budget friendly with purifying & mattifying properties
8. Nivea Dark Spot Reduction Face Wash – Treats dark spots, dullness & oily skin
9. Lakme Blur Perfect Oil Control Face Wash – Lakme’s formula always offers something different!
10. Neutrogena Deep Clean Face Wash – The most used face wash in USA, must have something special!
And yes, using a good charcoal face mask is also very beneficial so do try it sometime!
Side Effects of Charcoal Face Wash
Risks of Charcoal Face Wash
Along with the benefits, charcoal face wash also has some risks and side effects you should know about:
- Some people can get allergies like dryness and rashes
- Overuse can irritate and sensitize the skin
- Avoid use if you have cuts or wounds on face as it may be painful
- Never use with condoms
Related Post: V Wash Kya Hota Hai aur Iske Uses
To avoid such risks you need to take some precautions:
- First do a patch test on hand to see suitability
- Sensitive skin people use only 1-2 times a week
- Don’t use if you have open burns or wounds
- Never mix with condoms
So risks are low but benefits are more! Just be a little careful.
Now let me answer some of your queries and questions about charcoal face wash!
Charcoal Face Wash FAQs
What Does Charcoal Face Wash Do?
Charcoal face wash absorbs skin impurities like excess oil, dirt, dead cells and deeply cleanses pores. This detoxifies and refreshes the skin. It also treats issues like acne, pimples, dullness etc.
Is Charcoal Face Wash Good For Skin?
Yes, charcoal face wash is considered beneficial for the skin. Whether you have oily, dry or sensitive skin, you can benefit from it. Due to its antibacterial and astringent properties it aids in acne removal and toxin clearance giving the skin a refreshing glow.
How Often to Use Charcoal Face Wash?
You can use charcoal face wash daily. But occasional breaks should be taken. Sensitive skin people use it just 2-3 times a week. This much is enough for absorption and detoxification.
Is Charcoal Face Wash Safe?
Yes, most charcoal face washes are gentle and safe for the skin, especially organic face washes. But there are still some risks like dryness, rashes etc. So definitely take precautions. And never pick any harsh variant, mild is always better.
Which Brand Charcoal Face Wash is Best?
Some best charcoal face wash brands in India are Mamaearth, Beardo, Bombay Shaving Company that use natural ingredients. Biotique, Garnier, Neutrogena are also good but nothing like Beardo!
I hope I have cleared all your doubts on charcoal face wash! Let me know if you have any other questions!